Did you know 1 in 3 pets may require unexpected veterinary treatment each year?
Advances in veterinary medicine mean we can do more for your pet but treatment costs can soon mount up. We recommend pet insurance to all our clients to help cover unexpected vet’s bills. You may be surprised to hear that you are more likely to claim on your pet insurance than your car or household policies. In fact, in our experience if you are one of the few people who don’t need to claim on your pet insurance you really are very lucky indeed!
It’s important to be aware that not all pet insurance is the same. Some policies limit the amount of time or money that you can claim for. It is best not to shop around on price alone. Ask the following five key questions so you clearly understand what each policy does and doesn’t cover:
- Will the policy cover my pet for on-going conditions (e.g. skin disease) into its old age?
- Will exclusions be placed at renewal for an illness that occurred in the previous year?
- Will my excess or premium increase if I make a claim
- Will the policy cover: congenital and hereditary illness, hip-related conditions, dental treatment or behavioural conditions?
- Is the provider a pet insurance specialist?
To get a quote from Petplan click here.
We also offer Pet Health Plans where you can pay a predictable set amount each month to cover routine health care, that is not covered by insurance. e.g. vaccinations, dewormers and flea treatments.